Here are some tips to keep your garage door running smoothly.
- Inspect the tracks to make sure there isn’t any debris to catch up in the rollers.
- Lubricate all moving parts such as hinges and the roller stems every six months. It’s not necessary to lubricate the tracks.
- Check cables for any signs of fraying, kinks or damaged strands.
- If your garage door opens but won’t close and you have an opener, check the sensors. Make sure they are aligned and not tilted. Use a Q-tip to clean the sensors of dust, dirt and cobwebs. Check the wires to make sure they are still connected and haven’t been chewed by a pet.
- Don’t lean brooms or other items with handles facing the tracks. If one falls into the track, it can prevent the door from closing properly and cause the cable to come off.
- Be careful with garage doors that have inside sliding locks. You can damage your door and opener if you open the door with it manually locked.
We hope these tips keep your garage door up and running smoothly. If your door is having issues like the one above, give us a call. Estimates are always free.